Please check out my horror short story, “Mercy Street.” Mercy Street
(Cover art and design by Ryu Cope)
A word of warning, though: if “bad language” or razor blades or blood or suicide freaks you out you probably should stay away.
If that’s the case, here — enjoy this adorable face instead.
Welcome, fellow writing masochists!
I have a few questions for you.
- Are you a pantser who frigging knows she needs to become a plotter if she’s ever going to get anything done in her actual lifetime?
- Do you hate unreliable narrators in fiction because it reminds you too much of watching the news on TV?
- Do you lie awake at 2 A.M. wondering if you should write your story in third person or first person or would fifth person be even better?
- And then, two minutes later, do you wonder what “normal” people think about at 2 in the morning?
- Are you worried about where to hide the body when you finally, FINALLY kill that fucking procrastinator who’s been living inside you all these years? (Not now? Don’t worry, we’ll figure out something later.)
- Do you regularly shake your fist at the sky, cursing the malevolent God/god/goddess/gods who decided you should be a writer in this lifetime, and not a wealthy, spoiled heiress, or a talented and beautiful ex-boy-bander? (Yeah, He/She/They are not listening, sweetie, believe me.)
- Do you want to come along as I crawl, scratched and bleeding, through the dizzying HELL of writing my first novel?
Yes? Awesome. You came to the right place.
I will be posting every week on Wednesday about writing in general, plus some of the crap I’m going through as I work on my first novel, tentatively titled The Terrible Strange.
If you like what you see here, please join me.